Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Year Update

Okay, so I'm a little late with the update since he's now 14 months old, but better late than never! Cameron had a check-up last week and he weighs 23 pounds, 13 ounces and is 30 inches long. That puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and 30th percentile for height. I was also told that he had a bad ear infection! I had no idea and felt so bad! Other than maybe being a tad bit more grumpy in the evening he really had been acting fine. The doctor was surprised that he had been sleeping through the night with the ear infection. This is just more proof that I have such a happy baby! Anyways, he is now on some medication so he should feel better soon.

He isn't talking much but does say "da" as he points to the Lucy (our dog.) He points to everything now and says a bit of jibberish which is never clear. He understands just about everything though, which is really nice. He loves to bring either Charles or I a book and then will listen to us read it for about a minute or so. Many times he just sits on the floor flipping through the book himself :) I do a lot of laundry for Charles' office and before I fold the sheets I put them on the dining room table. Once Cameron sees the sheets on the table, he loves to pull them all on the floor and play with them on the floor. This entertains him for quite a while!
He's really good at doing the sign language for "more" and does it everytime he is hungry or wants some more to eat. Just yesterday he started waving bye-bye which is so cute! He loves to clap and stomp his feet to music. He doesn't really watch any tv but does like one show, My Friends Tigger and Pooh. He gets so excited when I put it on and starts clapping and stomping his feet but will only watch it for about 2 minutes. (I tried to post a video but it is taking forever. I'll try at a later time.) He is so sweet and loving and gives the best hugs! We are so lucky to have such a happy, healthy and cuddly little boy! That's about all, we are just having so much fun with him!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for all the great photos, Les! Cameron is such a sweet boy - I can't get enough of him!

pheather said...

He is such a happy baby. BTW - I loved all of the Ohio pictures, too. You dressed him very cute!