Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Remembering Papap

Donald Ambrose, my Papap, passed away at the age of 95 and after 67 years of marriage, 4 children, 9 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren. On Monday, October 7th, Papap went home to be with Jesus. I was very thankful that I was able to be with him and support Mimi & other family who came to town during his final days.
The memorial was held after Christmas so that the majority of my family would be able to attend and was held at the Florida National Cemetery. Papap had a military honors funeral ceremony, since he was in Army Air Corps, that included the playing of taps, and a 21 gun salute.  Then Papap's Hospice pastor spoke and we all sang a few of his favorite songs. Hospice was a great support for Mimi during those hard days & we were very appreciative for all they did. It was really a beautiful service & a wonderful way to celebrate his life.

I am so thankful that my children were able to spend time with Papap and will always remember the times they climbed in his wheelchair to give him a hug or a kiss. Olivia would always share m&ms (or any other snack she had) with him. And in his last days my aunt Pam, Olivia and I singing Jesus Love Me to him.

Papap & Mimi dancing at our wedding. I can remember this memory perfectly as the DJ announced the song Papap had requested for Mimi and then they danced together as we watched, hoping that one day Charles and I would have a life as richly blessed as they have.

I love this photo because it really represents who Papap was, always caring for his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren and wanting to be present around them for all occasions. This was Olivia's 1st birthday & with help he was able to attend :) 


Finding Papap's plot

This is at my parents house after the memorial, enjoying some time with the family all together

I thought this was such a cute picture of my cousins, Graham & Gretchen, reading to Cameron & Jackson






1 comment:

Aunt Pam said...

Thank you Leslie:)

Much love,