Friday, June 10, 2011

Racetrack Weekend

The weekend of May 14 Charles, Cameron, Olivia and I headed for Savannah, GA for the Roebling Road racetrack where Charles participated in a high performance driving school. This was Charles' seventh time going to the driving school but the first time that I went. We drove the 15 passenger van and pulled Charles' mobile chiropractic unit which his car was loaded in. The trip took a little over 4 hours and both kids did great! Cameron had a blast the whole weekend and I think he rode his bike almost the whole time!! He even broke the pedal on his bike in half (and kept right on riding of course! ) :)
We slept in the mobile unit which surprisingly worked out really well. It has a heat and AC unit and we took along the mattress from our spare bed so we were quite comfortable at night. I wasn't sure what I signed up for when I agreed to go to the event but I enjoyed myself and was glad to have family time together.


Ryan (the wife of Charles' friend Dr. Martin) and I hanging out at our campsite

Cameron with his bike (one of many photos I took with his bike :)





You can see in this photo that he is in his pajamas.....

he got on the bike as soon as he was out of bed!



We even brought Cameron's pool for him to play in


Olivia hanging out



Our campsite set up. (Dr. Martin has the other white trailer)


Inside the trailer with our bed. Cameron's bed is in front of ours and Olivia's pack and play is in the back


Charles on the track (blue car)






1 comment:

pheather said...

The trailer looks very cozy! Is that why you're selling the pop-up? Glad you guys had a great time!